Sunday 15 April 2007

My Modeling Career Begins

Last Friday marked a very important day for me...the beginning of my modeling career. It wasn't a carefully calculated career move, it was one born out of necessity.

I was designing a newspaper ad to let people know that this is the last weekend that Girl Scout cookies would be available for sale until next year's sale. The headline read "Last Chance to Catch Girl Scout Cookies!" and the accompanying picture was of a Girl Scout cookie running away from a hand making a grab for it.

Making the cookie running away was easy enough, I used a real picture of the cookie and drew legs with running shoes on it. The hand was another story though. I searched for over an hour through clipart cds and looking on Google for a photo I could use of a grabbing hand. The pictures I found just didn't work for me. Either they didn't look like they were "grabbing" or they looked like they were from a horror movie. (Not appropriate for a Girl Scout advertisement.)

Rather than waste any more time looking for a picture that would work, I decided to make my own. I broke out the digital camera and snapped off a few pictures of my own hand and within a few minutes my ad was complete. Last Friday, my hand appeared in several newspapers in Washington. A new career was underway.

If you don't think that someone can actually make a living this way, I'd just like to remind you of a certain J.P. Prewitt, a famous hand model played by David Duchovny in the biographical film Zoolander. Hand models have appeared in Hollywood movies, therefore they must be real. But don't worry, when I become rich and famous I won't forget all the "little people" who I met along the way. Like old whats-his-butt...and that other guy...you know...the ones who contribute to this blog. Their names escape me at the moment but they know who they are, and they would have an open invitation to come visit me at my SoCal mansion. (As long as they make reservations in advance with my secretary and fill out the appropriate paperwork and insurance disclaimers.)

4 comments:

Ricardo Victoria said...

I like to disgress about the "horror movie hand not being appropiate for a Girl scout ad". Of course is appropiate, everybody knows that they are an evil organization masquerading as a nice group of kids. They are trying to introduce tracking pills into those cookies, as well as thrusting the diabetes of the buyers to favour the pharmaceuticals. As the Question said: "Their purpose is sinister".

On the other hand, is good to know that you will remain humble in a career that will put you in the likes of Ashton Kutcher, current baby... husband of Demi Moore. That means that I'm not going to be in the need of get payback at you for forgetting us, by writing an unathorized biography with all the embarrasing moments of you... like the assless chaps.

Unknown said...

Here's my proposition to you...whatever your name is again, I'll never mention Wingoscunk and you'll never bring up the assless chaps.

Deal?

Ricardo Victoria said...

I can live with Wingoscunk. I actually will make it part of the book. Can you live with the public knowledge of the assless chaps? ;)

Atomic Punk said...

I'm sure he can :D