Wednesday 25 April 2007

Appreciation II

Sometimes you can't appreciate just how awesome a personal situation is unless you have some crappy personal situations to compare it too. I'm not going to make this a long deep thoughtful post because I don't feel I could do it justice. But the sweet short and condensed version is that I was having a crappy experience regarding lawn mowers, overgrown weeds and the city code enforcer. Sparing you all the excruciating details, I found a new appreciation for my neighbor Charles and my other neighbor Glenis. They probably will never read this but I just wanted anyone who does read this...those guys ROCK! :D

Also, my wife is having some crappy experiences healthwise (don't worry, nothing life threatening, but still painful). But without these crappy experiences we might not fully appreciate our friends the Smiths, the Sanders, the Pickers, the Maddisons, the Gootches and our extended families...all of these people ROCK too!

When I woke up this morning two hours earlier than normal to take my kids to the dentist, I was a grumpy, crabby, self-centered mess. I had no idea that the day would end with me feeling so appreciative. Thank you everyone YOU ROCK!

3 comments:

Atomic Punk said...

I roll

Unknown said...

Is that a dinner roll or a jelly roll? Or a tootsie roll?

You ROCK too.

Atomic Punk said...

Jumbo Sausage roll :)