Monday 2 April 2007

If I could fly like Superman

That has been my thoughts since Sunday morning, when I had to take my flight back to UK in order to continue my pursuit of a PhD (which btw, might have no real application, but the tittle is nice when appears before your name).

I have been travelling from almost 18 hrs. Why so much you could ask. Well for once, I'm not a millionarie (I barely survive witha scholarship in one of the most expensive countries), so I had to take a flight with a stop in order to be able to pay it. A few years ago I would do it by KLM, the dutch airline, but Air Canada offered me a better deal this time. So I went from Mexico City to Toronto and from there to London. Basically I can say that I've been in Canada, even if my vistis was reduced to two hours in the airport lounge. In any case the flights were nice, the food decent and it even arrived 15 minutes earlier.

But those 15 min. were waste by a rookie custom worker who made annoying questions and the bus, who arrived to the airport two and half hours late (something similar happened to me when I was going to take the flight last Christmas) and took the panoramic route, so I alomost missed the bus connection to my current town. Luckily, the company hold the other bus until my arrival and I managed to get to Loughborough at a decent time. But by that moment I had travelled and waited and wasted almost 2 days. And don't even mention the jet-lag or the change of altitude or teh fact that my luggage could make it as test for the olympics of weightlifting.


So that is why I wish I could fly like Superman, becaus ethat emans that I shoudl have his other powers, therefore I could carry my belongings with one hand and cross the Atlantic in a few minutes. I just need a GPS (since I lack of sense of orientation and I don't want to be lost in the middle of the ocean). It also would allow me to be with my family during weekends and eat healthier than now. And if I needed more or less clothes I just need to fly back. And for free!!! So yeah, that would be nifty (and much, much better than teleportation, which is basically a death by subatomic cloning... more on that later).

But unless I suddenly develop kryptonian powers, I guess that I need to travel like everybody else. Maybe I can go with the Oliver Queen way, since I already practice archery adn I just need to win some billiosn to have my own jet. Oh well I need a better plan now, about how to make tons of money.

Sorry for boring you with this, but I hoped that this entry should end the attention hog of the dictionary. Damm you Webster :P.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

18 hours!!? Did you time it with a clepsydra?

clepsydra • \KLEP-suh-druh\ • noun
: water clock

Atomic Punk said...

The heat vision would come in handy as well.