Tuesday 10 April 2007

Can you hold please?

Can someone please explain to me why some folks answer the phone and say, "Can you hold please?" and then put you on hold before you can answer? I feel like hanging up every time this happens to me, honestly, it's just plain rude.

Can you imagine if this type of thinking spilled into other facets of life? If people asked questions, but then just went ahead and did whatever they thought you wanted before you could answer.

"Welcome to McDonalds, would you like the Big Mac Special? That will be $4.95"

"Do you feel like sex tonight, honey? WOW! That was good!"

"Can I have a bite of your candy bar?...BURP man that’s good stuff."

"Do you want to go out on a date with me? I'll see you at 8."

2 comments:

Ricardo Victoria said...

Actually, according to my sister and other female friends, the last one is quite common to hear (in their cases of course) from the mouth of annoying guys.

I would love to hear that from a sexy girl though. It would save me so much embarrasment.

Unknown said...

Would you like peaches and cottage cheese dumped in your shorts? SPLAT.

Man, if I had a nickel every time I heard that one...