Wednesday 28 March 2007

Word of the Day: Inveigh

In an attempt to make my blogs more enlightening (apparently some people think that discussing the ramifications of wiping your butt with puppy tp has no redeeming value) I am now committed to upholding certain standards that will hopefully convince our readers that reading our blog is educational and is in no way a waste of time.

So my first step is to institute a "regular" feature called Word of the Day, that will neither be regularly featured on a daily basis nor will it necessarily contain actual words. I'm just calling it this because it sounded good at the time. In this feature, I will from time to time discuss a new vocabulary word as found on Merriam-Webster Online.

The word for today is INVEIGH. It is a verb that means to protest or complain bitterly or vehemently. For example: Many people inveighed my last blog, whether complaining about my overly descriptive narration of de-muddifying (that should be another word of the day) or my insensitivity to puppies.

I, in return, must inveigh that unlike vocabulary building, wiping is in fact a regular feature probably done by most people on a daily basis. If left undone it can lead to serious health, social, and emotional problems.

So this is my argument: Wiping is more important than learning new vocabulary. So if Merriam-Webster is going to devote a whole section of its website to vocabulary building, shouldn't they have at least two or three times that amount devoted to wiping?

This will hopefully put the matter into perspective for those of you who inveighed me for yesterday's blog.



3 comments:

Ricardo Victoria said...

Now you can wip yourself with class. No one can inveigh that NAFTAline can't offer culture to the modern sapiens.

Atomic Punk said...

Did you realy get e-mails? Dude!! That means someone is realy reading our stuff, HELL YA!
WHY AM I SO EXCITED?

Unknown said...

Well...no. We didn't get any e-mails. Sorry. I made that part up. But you could imagine if we did...