Friday 23 March 2007

Appreciation

I just had a rush of gratefulness wash over me. When I got in to work today I had six hours of work that needed to be done in six hours to meet a deadline so I got right on it. Two hours in, all of the building's electricity went out. I freaked because I hadn't saved any of my work on the computer and it was probably all gone.

I was fuming and grumbling, (I'm very good at that, you know, I'm a Grouch) and I was thinking evil thoughts about the men working outside with their bulldozers and jackhammers because I am sure this is all their fault. I was resigned to the fact that I now had four hours to do six hours of work. But when I restarted and opened up the programs I was working in (Word, Excel, and Publisher) I found my work had been saved by the automatic recovery system. Yay, Microsoft! You go boys. (I'm still ditching IE7 for Mozilla but that's another story.)

So anyhoo, I was extremely THANKFUL that I was still on track to meet my deadline and it threw me into a reflective mood thinking about other things I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for my family of course, life wouldn't be life without them. I'm thankful for my blogging buds to the north and to the south who make me laugh and keep me going. And so I pledge my allegiance to their flags and to their republics for which they stand...two nations producing the best liquor in the world...with whiskey and tequila (and beer) for all.

And now that I've taken 20 minutes to type out this post...I'm 20 minutes behind again. D'oh!

2 comments:

Atomic Punk said...

Get that man a Moosehead :)

Ricardo Victoria said...

I appreciate you too and accept your pledge to our ways. :)

Now can you take another 20 mins of your schedule and help me to fix my damm entry? It doesn't recognize the space between paragraphs. :P