Sunday 25 March 2007

The Four Horsemen

So I took a deeper look in to the four Horsemen, this is the list:

The First Seal--Rider on White Horse
And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

The Second Seal--War
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

The Third Seal--Famine
And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, a measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

The Fourth Seal--Death
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

That’s right out of the King James Version of the Bible.

So I’m going with the Fourth, and seeing as the first one has a bow, I’m guessing that is Winged Lion. As a complete guess I pick the third for Oscar, just because of the scales.

And now the movie pitch, listen up Hollywood Land. Just imagine the four horsemen are just regular people living everyday life, and find out one day that they will become the horseman, and that the apocalypse is very near (I’m not to sure that it’s not). Now the problem is not all of the guys are happy about all this, and wish to change it. I think it would be a good movie, if it were done right.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If anyone has an extra 28 minutes, I would recommend checking out this presentation about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, by John Ogwyn. John Ogwyn passed away last year but is a person who I have deep respect for and enjoy watching his presentations.

If you are more of a reader, he has two booklets called The Beast of Revelation: Myth, Metaphor, or Soon Coming Reality? and Revelation: The Mystery Unveiled. Both show some interesting insight on the book of Revelation that are interesting to think about.

Ricardo Victoria said...

So I got Famine/Pestilence? o_O That is better suited for others (point the fart factor). I prefer War, so hereby I claim its mantle for myself.

And you movie pitch sounds cool. You should read Good Omens by Terry Prattchet.

Ricardo Victoria said...

I should read better, Oscar is Famine. I still maintain my claim over War. Pestilence is not my style.

Unknown said...

You might say I put the "pest" in pestilence.