Tuesday 27 May 2008

Kid Prayers

Kids say the funniest things when they're praying. I try to keep prayer as serious and respectful as possible, after all, you are talking to the Creator, but a couple of times my kids have said stuff that had me snorting with laughter.

A few months back, the younger one was telling God about some things she was thankful for: Thank you for animals...thank you for my family...thank you for soap and perfume so we don't hafta stink all the time...

And tonight, my mom e-mailed the family a picture of my sister who konked herself in the head with a rifle scope while shooting with her fiancee. She had a pretty good gash above the eyebrow, pretty traumatizing if you're a little kid. This was my older daughter's prayer tonight: God, please heal my aunt Becki, because she shot herself in the head...

My prayer tonight: Lord, thank you for my kids, they crack me up.

1 comment:

Ricardo Victoria said...

"God, please heal my aunt Becki, because she shot herself in the head..."

Kids are so wise. The world would be a betetr place if they were in charge or we kept or inner child alive.

Hmm that reminds me I need to feed mine.