Monday 14 May 2007

Knock, Knock.

My kids were amusing themselves (and me) last week by telling knock knock jokes in the backseat of the minivan as we were driving around. This was a rare opportunity to observe jokes that go over the head of the person telling the joke.

It went something like this:

"Knock Knock"
"Who's there?"
"Handsome"
"Handsome who?"
"Could you please give me some of that popcorn over there?"

"Knock Knock"
"Whose there?"

"Phillip"
"Phillip who?"
"Could you please pour some more juice in my cup?"

They were hooting and laughing over these jokes...I was too but for different reasons. It just goes to show that it is possible for someone to be an expert in a subject - to know all the right facts about something - and still not get it. Just a little something to remember next time you might feel intimidated by someone with a lot of book knowledge. I'll take common sense over "higher" education any day.

4 comments:

Atomic Punk said...

The real question is, where the hell have I been?

The answer is somewhere between here and the last month, damn it's been busy.

Hey Oscar, Knock Knock.

Unknown said...

Who's there...

and Who Are You? Oh yeah, its ben so long I hardly recognized you.

Atomic Punk said...

Ben so long? YOU'RE ONE OF THE OTHERS!!!

Ricardo Victoria said...

Oh boy!!! Now we are down from the Knock Knock jokes ot the "Lost" ones. o_O